Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Difficult Post

I hate trying to mix mesh pieces from different brands together.  Hate it.  I wanted to challenge myself, though, so I tried.  I sort of succeeded, lol.  The outfit is finally together and I like the way it looks but I had to alter my shape pretty dramatically to make it happen.  I had to fit into a XXS on the corset for it to be able to work under the skirt and my av normally wears a medium or small. 0.0  See, the problem is, the skirt from Bare@Rose only comes in one size.  That size is, I would say, around a medium in standard sizing.  It's rigged so no resizing allowed.  I was dumb and didn't try a demo before buying five new outfits from there, thinking I could use them all for mixing and matching. Blargh.  The wonderful thing about it is that all the pieces from Bare@Rose come in multiple colors, usually with a full out, not just one item, and they are dirt cheap.  So, even though the items are very difficult to mix and match, I am still happy with my B@R purchases.
My top is from Ingenue for Collabor88.  The top is available in a zillion sizes (standard sizing plus more) and the alpha layer textures for downloading to edit in case the alpha layer included doesn't work.  Lots of colors available and only 88L!  My necklace is part of a jewelry set from the MySecondBox group samples this month.  Ring and earrings also included.  My head wrap is from Vaughan's @ Fashion Voodoo.  The head wrap comes with two hair base tattoo layer options (I am not wearing them, I just felt like mixing it up and using a subscriber gift Hairoin base) and the wrap itself is texture change to three different patterns.  My skin is a new-ish release from JM:Mai that I just kind of decided I loved based on the fact that the lips and eye area definition was awesome.  It comes with two lip options and also eyebrows colors on the tattoo layer.
My shoes are new from Lassitude&Ennui for L'Accessoires.  There are lots of colors available for 350L each or you could be a rich girl and get the fat pack for 1000L. xD  The feet come with a skin tinting HUD that is pretty easy to use (color picker and RGB options, as well as various skin texture starting points) and also has twenty nail color options.  Rigged mesh and unrigged, resizable, mesh included.
Worn:
Top: Ingenue @ Collabor88, 88L
Shoes: Lassitude & Ennui @ L'Accessoires, 350L per color
Head Wrap: Vaughan's @ Fashion Voodoo, 93L, texture change
Hair Base: Hairoin, subscriber gift
Skin: JM:Mai, 950L
Skirt w/Attached Belt: Bare@Rose, 175L, includes four skirt colors, five shirt colors (not shown) and shoes and choker (not shown)
Necklace: Caroline's Jewelry, MySecodBox monthly item, group fee is 300L per month with guaranteed gifts from up to five designers each month (also includes earrings and ring, not shown)

1 comments:

Kitty DeVaux said...

Lovvvve this look you put together, Sileny. It's super feminine, but still has your edginess. Very well done!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com